Customer Service Specialist I (ERS)
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: Easton, PA
BASIC FUNCTION: The Customer Service Specialist I (ERS) performs the daily operations of the business in the Emergency Road Service department.
Sedentary work – Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Reasoning – Logical thinking leading to conclusion believed to be accurate.
Remembering – To recall, to retain in memory:
Mathematical Ability – Ability to perform math in an accurate, precise manner:
Language Ability – Means of expressing or communicating thought:
Overall Language Ability
Must be fluent in all aspects of the English Language
Criminal Background Testing – All potential ERS employees are required to complete and clear a criminal background check.
Drug/Alcohol Testing – All potential employees are required to complete and clear a drug/alcohol test.
Assessment Testing – All potential employees are required to complete and pass an Assessment test.
(Essential duties are marked with asterisk.)
*1. Answer incoming telephone calls directed to the Emergency Road Service department; perform all duties associated with the receipt and processing of accurate information to successfully qualify the call to provide proper assistance to stranded AAA member(s).
*2. Dispatch all ERS calls to available ERS contracted garages and/or AAA Northampton County light duty staff in a timely manner.
*3. Answer incoming telephone calls for office after hours and transfer customer/member to appropriate voicemail box when necessary.
*4. Perform daily data entry of ERS calls from AAA Western Central New York; these calls are received daily through email.
*5. Perform data entry of ERS calls from AAA Northampton County ERS contractors, and Light Duty Service staff on a monthly basis.
*6. Accept daily deliveries from DHL, FedEX, UPS, etc.
*7. Perform daily RAP report reconciliation.
*8. Record member reimbursement checks bi-monthly.
*9. Process insurance commission checks and insurance claims in a timely manner.
*10. Process battery paperwork on a daily basis and prepare deposit for cash/check transaactions .
*11. Distribute survey forms received to appropriate departments.
*12 Perform all duties associated with processing AAA Membership; new, renewal, inter-club, additions, changes, payments, cancellations.
*13. Attend all meetings/training classes associated with AAA products and services.
*14. Cross-sell AAA products and services; including but not limited to AAA credit card, insurance, Discount & Rewards program, etc.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills And Experience
A minimum of one year administrative experience for business office; or compatible work experience in related field.
Knowledge of general office practices, including telephone dispatch operations, basic mathematical procedures, basic office procedures and equipment operation.
Excellent customer service and telephone skills, excellent communication skills, strong organizational, multi-tasking and PC skills, including data entry and Microsoft Office, strong geography skills.
LIFE INSURANCE SPECIALIST
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Easton, PA
Duties and responsibilities will include:
AAA Northampton County is seeking career-minded individuals for our Life Specialist career opportunity. The Life Specialist will offer the full family of AAA Life Insurance products to our members in our Pennsylvania office. You will work in a fast paced dynamic environment that requires focused attention to our members’ needs; develop a referral network, contact members requesting information, and provide policy service and follow-up on all leads. Prior insurance industry experience and Pennsylvania Life License required. No overhead cost, internal referral program, continued license sponsorship, and incentives provided. We also offer a base salary in addition to commissions.
Skills And Experience
- Handling inbound/outbound calls and answering questions from members interested in Medicare supplement insurance, umbrella coverage, life insurance and financial products.
- Quoting and preparing life insurance, Medicare supplements, and umbrella coverage.
- Preparing changes to life insurance policies including; change of beneficiary, change of ownership and upgrade in amount of type of policy.
- Assisting clients in processing claims.
- Arranging appointments with members and prospective members regarding life insurance and financial products.
- Participating in community and business activities and events to prospect for potential membership and insurance sales opportunities.
- Utilizing a variety of methods in performing research leading to the establishment of high potential prospects for AAA products. These methods include direct mail, referral systems, associate cross-selling, partnership sharing, prospect purchases, etc.
- Contacting and qualifying prospective members and explaining features and benefits of life insurance policies offered, suggesting amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect’s circumstances.
- Calculating and quoting premium rates for specific policies.
- Anticipating future needs and calling on established clients to renew and upgrade accounts.
- Developing long-term relationships.
- Establishing programs designed to retain existing member clients, trigger advance follow-up periods and regaining business that has lapsed.
- Complete Continuing Education requirements for licenses.
Benefits May Include:
- 2+ years of current life insurance and/or Medicare supplement sales experience.
- BA/BS degree a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive sales drive and a commitment to maintaining superior member relationships.
- Proficiency utilizing computer hardware and software systems.
- Valid Pennsylvania Drivers license.
- Good driving record and a current Pennsylvania Life/Health license required; Pennsylvania Property Casualty license preferred.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- 401(k) eligibility and matching
- Continued license sponsorship
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Healthcare/Rx/Vision/Dental benefits
- Insurance premium reductions
- Travel and entertainment discounts
Roadside Problem Solver Technician (RPST)
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Easton, PA
To provide safe and best in class minor auto repair solutions that get AAA members back on the road; ensures positive member experiences.
RPST’s are responsible for responding to AAA member requests for service within a promised time of arrival. They ensure members safety, diagnose vehicle problems, educate members on possible issues, provide temporary mechanical repairs to get the vehicle drivable, promote AAA products and services and ensure complete resolution of member issues.
DEPARTMENT: ERS-Light Duty Service
REPORTS TO: Vice President Operations
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Vice President Operations/ERS Supervisor
Responds to Member’s request for service
- Accepts calls and responds to Dispatch or members with estimated time of arrival to destination, calls members to clarify location and the potential vehicle issue when appropriate; uses various means of communication including Nextel or Blackberry devices.
- Locates members, and assesses the safety of the scene upon arrival, to ensure that the vehicle is in a safe location to provide service so as not to endanger the member or their traveling companions.
- Greets members, and takes action as necessary to deal with their emotional state in addition to handling the technical aspects of the situation.
2. Provides efficient minor mechanical assistance.
- Asks probing questions to help diagnose probable causes of the breakdown.
- Makes a preliminary determination on the best course of action based on all information collected about the situation.
- Performs tire service/change, lockout service, fuel service, etc., as necessary; follows all safety procedures.
- Performs battery test if call information or diagnosis indicates a battery-related problem and provides battery boost as appropriate; follows all safety procedures.
- Replaces battery when appropriate, following all stipulated safety procedures and collects payment from member.
- Calls dispatcher for towing service if repairs are not possible.
3. Maintains AAA high standard of service and image.
- Performs daily and weekly inspection of vehicle(s) using established procedures and checklist; maintains equipment in good safe working order; maintains inventory of tools and products to ensure all service calls can be completed.
- Maintains a professional image (self and vehicle) to properly portray the AAA brand.
- Coordinates with co-workers to ensure vehicle is appropriately equipped for service.
- Must be available to work assigned hours and overtime when necessary.
- Participates in the resolution of member complaints related to Roadside Solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
4. Promotes AAA products and services
Skills And Experience
- Promotes AAA products and services, such as, membership upgrades, Show Your Card & Save® program, retail/financial services, insurance services, etc.
- Works with Dispatch to get members to their intended destinations (e.g., hotel, airline reservations, rental car).
- Customer Relations and Interpersonal Skills – Understands, members’ needs and expectations, and strives to meet or exceed those expectations; uses good customer relations and interpersonal skills in diffusing anger, reassuring members, and helping to solve their problems.
- Active Listening – Listens to, interprets, understands, and processes verbal information; probes to ensure all key information is obtained from member.
- Communication Skills – Uses proper communication techniques and effectively uses communications equipment to converse with dispatchers and members to obtain information and to explain service options, policies, and costs.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Analyzes information, identifies alternatives, and makes sound, logical decisions; deviates from standard procedures when appropriate for delivering excellent member service.
- Teamwork and Cooperation – Helps others and is a good team player; builds smooth, cooperative working relationships.
- Vehicle Repair – Diagnosis causes of vehicle breakdowns and makes the necessary repairs to get vehicles drivable in all possible situations.
- Flexibility/Adaptability and Ability to Learn – Adapts quickly and is flexible in adjusting approaches to meet changing requirements across different situations; has a predisposition for quickly acquiring and assimilating knowledge and skills.
- Map Reading and Location Determination – Possess a general working knowledge of geography and ability to read maps; strong knowledge of local area (Easton, Palmer, Bethlehem Twp., Forks Twp., Lower Nazareth Twp.).
- Computer and Technical Skills – Uses computer systems to research, diagnose, and document vehicle issues; uses technical knowledge of vehicles and equipment/tools to make vehicles drivable.
- Promotion and Sales Skills – Identifies and recommends AAA products and services that will meet member needs.
- Strives for Excellence – Accepts high goals and works hard to meet them; overcomes barriers and produces high quality results; improves processes and strives for continuous learning.
- Working by oneself, and usually independently; having little face-to-face contact with other employees on the service team, but being highly dependent on others (especially dispatch) for information, instructions, work flow, etc.
- Driving light service vehicle and having to contend with heavy traffic, hazardous road conditions, accidents, etc.
- Working outside and dealing with all types of inclement weather (“the worse the weather, the busier you are”).
- Dealing frequently with situations where service must be expedited to any extent possible to reduce waiting time for other members.
- Repeatedly dealing with people who are in troubled situations (i.e., vehicle breakdown or won’t start), and who are often distraught, anxious, fearful, angry, etc.
- Having to exhibit excellent customer service skills in each new situation, in spite of what may have been many preceding situations which were negative.
- Dealing with what are very often routing and repetitious situations (from a technical standpoint, at least), but having to come across as caring, concerned, etc. in each new situation.
- Having little control or discretion on the volume of incoming work or when tasks are completed, and having to remain “on task” and available for work for long periods of time.
- Being accountable for selling (e.g., battery replacement service), and making referrals to other AAA products/services.
- Interacting with customers all day, every day.
- Having to exhibit a high degree of professionalism all the time (e.g., wearing a uniform, presenting a neat appearance to customers/members, cleaning vehicle, being friendly and upbeat with customers).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, to handle or fee objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Must be 21 years of age
- H.S. diploma or GED/equivalent
- Valid drivers license and clean driving and criminal record
- Automotive diagnostic and repair experience
- Customer service skills and experience
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language